Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Young rapper Lil B has announced that his new album will be called "I'm Gay."

Ok what sense does this make why would you want to proclaim yourself as something your not. and at least have a good explanation for what you mean

I could see if you had a explanation like NAS
Nas stated "We're taking power [away] from the word," he added. "No disrespect to none of them who were part of the civil-rights movement, but some of my n---as in the streets don't know who [civil-rights activist] Medgar Evers was. I love Medgar Evers, but some of the n---as in the streets don't know Medgar Evers, they know who Nas is. And to my older people who don't now who Nas is and who don't know what a street disciple is, stay outta this mutha----in' conversation. We'll talk to you when we're ready. Right now, we're on a whole new movement. We're taking power [away] from that word."

 But I don't agree with just picking words for the sake of creating controversy.  And the wonder why people say real hip-hop is dead. To me it seems like Lil B he is going to allow his marketing skills to over shadow his talent. Word the the wise Lil B it doesn't matter what you call your LP,  real hip-hop heads care about that the LP is fire when it hits the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment