Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Live/Work Abroad?

As a child I always thought about leaving Oklahoma. I dreamt of moving to another state getting a good job and raising a family. I think the only thing that stopped me from moving out of Oklahoma was the fear of the unknown, could I make it where nobody knows me and I dont know anyone?  


Did I dream too small is a question that I ask now. why not dream bigger ? Well speaking to Dr. Sridhar Krisnaswami of SRM University in Chennai, India I wonder should I look at living abroad. 


Before meeting Dr. Krisnaswami the thought of International life never entered my mind. But after meeting Dr. Krisnaswami and he told me that there is a growing need for graphic designers and advertising because of the news paper boom there. I have  wondered what would it be like to live abroad? Especially, when the economy in America is so bad and it is currently hard to find a job. 


There will be barriers to my decision the language, the money, the leaving of my family, friends, everyone I  ever known. But are those decisions I can live with ?    I really don't know, but I intend to find out .....  

No comments:

Post a Comment